Re: coho subways?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 12:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
> On Mar 29, 2017, at 9:29 AM, Alan O'Hashi via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:
>
> this came across my facebook page today
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/subway-metro-cars-homeless-housing_us_58d54c0ce4b03787d357f537

So many people have done this with container cars that they are now priced out
of reach. We were considering one for bike storage but we were too slow.

My children’t summer camp used old school buses as activity centers on rainy
days.

But this man took it much further:

Converted Bus: A Home for $9,000 in 15 Weeks
http://www.sharonvillines.com/converted-bus/

In researching container cars I discovered that the reason these are left on
wheels is not just so they can be moved, but to avoid zoning regulations. They
are classified as “temporary."

(My site is under reconstruction but the back pages can still be found and
read.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines