Re: Porch lights
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 08:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
Outside of legal restrictions, my experience is that this issue is one
on which you can't actually find consensus. Folk who are afraid of it
being too dark aren't moved by evidence that less light is better.
People who are annoyed by the light can't understand what the issue is
for folk who want it.

That said, do make sure you can manually turn off things that, once
you move in, are in the wrong place, or are lighting the wrong people.
Seems no matter what you plan, there will one street light or pathway
light or back door light that the only thing it is lighting up is the
bedroom of the person who most wants a dark room.

And there will be one shadow spot that will be nearest the person who
most is concerned to have enough light.

So plan for being able to change the plan later.

Liz
www.mosaic-commons.org
Berlin, MA