Re: Bringing your own dishes to meals?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 12:37:02 -0700 (PDT)
At Cornerstone, we do not, but I know of another Massachusetts community that
does.  My experience is that clean-up is actually the most arduous part of the
community meal, and dispersing the clean-up process definitely lightens the
load without adding much grief to private dishwashing machines.

On the other hand … in everything from shared ski houses to backpacking camps,
I’ve been party to trade-off workshare systems where for most meals, one is the
honored guest enjoying good service and uninterrupted conversation with friends
— all of which gets put paid during the relatively few meals where one is the
on-duty forager, chef and bottle-washer.  I sort of like this system, and think
it defines a communal reciprocity and inter-dependence better than the somewhat
undignified task of toting dirty dishes back and forth across campus.

So take your pick.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing