Corrections: Involvement in Closing of Home Sales
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 16, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
> sharonvillines.com> wrote:
>
> Reading state laws is not as hard as it may appear. They are online now so
> readily accessible — once you fund them.

…. once you _FIND_ them.

Unless you are a law firm, don’t pay for subscriptions to services that provide
public documents — they are public. But I have found that versions on
non-goverment sites are often easier to read than on local government sites. In
DC for example, the code on “real estate schemes” has each section in a
different document. This means that often you have to open a new document for
each paragraph. Local law firms, probably for their own sanity, will post
versions that you can just read without opening and closing each paragraph.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC