Marketing online Re: recognizing time versus financial investment in early days
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 10:17:14 -0700 (PDT)
On the subject of reaching digitally oriented folks -
I've been doing marketing for a new app for home winemakers. It's a new product
segment - so there aren't people searching for this product either on Google or
in the app store. This is similar to the cohousing market in that many people
want community but aren't aware such a thing exists.
What has been successful for us is advertising on Facebook. You need 1) an ad
and 2) somewhere to point to ad to, like a landing page or website (here's the
one for the app: https://www.brew.ventures/enofile-winemaking-app-f). You set
the budget and you can "throttle it" so that you don't spend more than what you
want.
Then you target your ad very specifically based on your hypothesis of who is
your target demographic.For example, women aged 50-60, who live in a metro
area. Or "urban farmers" who belong to a Such and Such Facebook group.

I'm happy to consult with folks who want take this approach. It's quite
effective and not that hard.
Mariana AlmeidaBerkeley Cohousing

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 4:39:50 AM PDT, Kathryn McCamant <kmccamant [at]