Where Everyone Knows Your Name [was The Declaration of Independence had to be a cohousing project!
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 18:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 4, 2017, at 2:43 PM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> Such as building a neighborhood where everyone knows  your name …  completely
> ridiculous idea

I once did a tour of Takoma Village for a group of graduate students from the
University of Maryland. They included architects, city planners. social
workers, and other related subjects. After an hour to an hour and a half, we
ended standing on the green looking back at the building which forms a big U
shape from two to three stories. 43 units.

I mentioned something about where people worked and they asked me how many
people I knew. I was a surprised they asked as they were that I knew everyone.
Of the afternoon, that was the one thing that really amazed them. They looked
around at all the windows and doors. One asked again, “All of them?”

I said, "I know all of them, where they are from, and where they work. I know
many of their parents because they come to visit. And their friends who visit.”

They left sort of stunned. It was the last thing I would normally have thought
to mention and it made the greatest impact.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC