Marketing question for the men on the list
From: Linda H (lindahobbeton.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:43:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,

At Village Hearth we are excited that we passed a major hurdle when the Durham, NC City Council approved our annexation and rezoning in June. We are celebrating on July 18 with a public reception to reveal our floor plans, elevation drawings, and architectural designs.

What we need now is to attract more members who will commit to our 55+ community so we can start building. One issue that our few male members have asked repeatedly (and the women want this too) is how do we attract more men. One of the guys thinks the problem is that we aren't doing the advertising properly, citing articles about the differences in marketing to men and women, like this, http://www.marketingcharts.com/industries/retail-and-e-commerce-12641

So I'm asking the men here. What do you think is the most effective way to reach the guys? What kinds of design should we use? What wording attracts your attention? What turns you off? Where should we be advertising? We have advertised in a variety of outlets. So far the most effective have been cohousing.org, NPR, and a local weekly newspaper, but we still get women signing up for our mailing list four or five to one vs the men.

It's frustrating. I think men might benefit even more than women from living in a 55+ cohousing community, but how do we get them to take the leap, or even consider it?

Any help is appreciated.

Yours,
Linda Hobbet
www.villagehearthcohousing.com