Re: Marketing question for the men on the list
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
On 7/10/2017 2:43 PM, Linda H wrote:
So I'm asking the men here. What do you think is the most effective way to reach the guys?

If you emphasize sewing circles and relationship-building values of shared work, I think the appeal is going to skew feminine in our culture. If you emphasize taking charge of maintenance and improvement projects, helping keep cars and equipment in order, I think the appeal is going to skew masculine in our culture. Hey, we need engineers and carpenters and electricians as much as we need massage therapists and yoga instructors and women's health workers. And yes, all of those roles are available to people of any sex and any gender, but I think the numbers still lean in the stereotypic direction. (Also, if we have enough engineers and carpenters and electricians, who cares whether they're men or women? If that's the motivation for the question, rather than, say, fostering a singles bar atmosphere, then just ask for what you really want.)