|Re: Marketing question for the men on the list||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: John Carver (jcarverislandnet.com)|
|Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:53:02 -0700 (PDT)|
On 10/07/2017 11:43 AM, Linda H wrote:
...One issue that our few male members have asked repeatedly (and the women want this too) is how do we attract more men. One of the guys thinks the problem is that we aren't doing the advertising properly, citing articles about the differences in marketing to men and women,...
When I read the question my first thought was "What attracts men? Women!"But seriously, and after considering that there are more women than men over 55, and that men appear to be slower to embrace the idea of cohousing, you might start by asking does it really matter, or why are you concerned about gender balance? Since you're a 55+ community I'm sure the goal isn't procreation.
I'm a 55+ single male living in cohousing (multigenerational). I don't think I would have responded favourably to marketing aimed at my perceived masculine sensitivities. I was drawn to it by the concept of intentional community. I was able to imagine myself living as neighbours with the people I had met in the kind of environment that had been designed. And yes I am feeling the benefit.
I took a quick look around your website and what you're doing now looks good to me. Good work whoever is doing the website and newsletter.
John Carver Pacific Gardens Cohousing Community <http://pacificgardens.ca/> Nanaimo, BC
- Re: Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...>, (continued)
- Re: Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...> Daniel Goodridge, July 12 2017
- Re: Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...> R Philip Dowds, July 12 2017
- Message not available
- Fwd: Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...> Bob Leigh, July 14 2017
- Re: Fwd: Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...> Sharon Villines, July 14 2017
- Re: Marketing question for the men on the list Joanie Connors, July 11 2017
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.