Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...> seeking examples
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 05:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
If you (and others who have posed along those lines) can figure out a way to
write about this (perhaps  Risk Management is the right subject line), without
exposing anyone to embarrassment, I think it would be incredibly instructive
for anyone on this list.  Perhaps it needs a separate subject line?  Perhaps
one could already find a great deal using the Archives (which I confess I have
never figured out how to use)

 My question is...How can one or a few people, using uninformed or very poorly
informed fear, keep their community from moving forward on something.  Philip’s
example is fear based, but not fact based, resistance to electric cars. Ann’e
example is a glass blowing kiln (and I have no facts about those safety
concerns).  Is this a misunderstanding of/misapplication of consensus?  or does
living in cohousing, at least the communities that use consensus based decision
making, have to mean (as some potential members fear) giving up making science
based decisions (as an example) when one or more members have beliefs that make
them discount data in favor of other factors?

I understand that this is a huge topic.  Perhaps we could begin by simply
sharing other examples of communities that have struggled with these decisions.
 One example I think of… what if someone in a cohousing neighborhood or
community decided they didn’t want to have their children immunized?

thanks   liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] me.com
Pinnacle Cohousing
Loch Lyme Lodge
Lyme, NH
Home 802.785.4124
Work 802.831.1240
Lodge 603-795-2141

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire
to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White