gender stereotypes (WAS Marketing question for the men on the list)
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:16:43 -0700 (PDT)
Umm, what century are we in, folks? As a feminist and a Lesbian who has
often straddled the gender divide, I am finding this whole conversation a
bit disturbing. Anytime you start talking about wanting more people from one
group or fewer from another it starts to smack of discrimination to me.
Anytime people start talking about "how men are" versus "how women are" I
want to scream as I've spent most of my life fighting these stereotypes (as
I don't fit the "woman" box is so many ways). Why do you want more men? Or
fewer women? What's that gonna do for you? Nobody wants to be recruited to
fill a quota.

Be clear about your values & vision and market that. It's more important
that you attract people who resonate with those than getting some arbitrary
percentages based on gender/race/socioeconomic status/whatever.

Eris Weaver
FrogSong cohousing in Cotati, CA