Re: Risk Management <was: Re: Marketing question ...> seeking examples
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 12:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
Philip has very clearly stated the problem of consensus-based decision
making. I have to say I'm grateful that we have an escape clause in our
Bylaws - if a block can't be resolved within a given time period and with
considerable attempts, the community can vote on the issue. We require 85%
of homeowners to override a block, which is a pretty high bar, but it means
that a few very households can't block what everyone else wants.

I think we've resorted to this either two or three times in the 17 years
I've been involved here. Usually if someone says "I have a blocking
concern," the proposal sponsors back off and discuss it with the
objector(s) to try to meet their needs. But we know that overriding a block
is a possibility if someone is being unreasonable (according to everyone
else).
  Muriel at Shadowlake Village