Re: Risk Management
From: Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:04:46 -0700 (PDT)
OK, fair enough:  “Everyone happy” may be a colloquial over-simplification.
But and however …

What’s this thumbing thing?  Thumbs up, down and sideways (yea, nay, and
abstain) is, in my view, just voting in disguise.  The real consensus and
sociocratic methodology is to identify, examine and resolve reasoned or argued
objections (sometimes called “paramount objections”) until there are no further
objections, at which point the proposal is adopted.  Maybe some “like” it, most
“can live with it”, and a few are just tired of the process — but whatever the
reason, the group has accepted the proposal by unanimity, or in solidarity, or
however one wishes to phrase it.  No vote ever occurs … unless, maybe, the
group acknowledges that the status quo is not really the best outcome when the
proposal is in the tolerance range of all but a few (unreasonable??) members.

Thanks,
RPD