Re: Risk Management
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
The chance that I will be killed driving on Mass Pike is very much higher than
the chance I’ll be killed by terrorists — but nobody is suggesting extreme
vetting for expressways (although they probably should).  There’s little
history of electric cars catching fire, but lots of history of the Samsung
Galaxy bursting into flames — and yet cell phones are still permitted
everywhere, even on planes.  Most home accidents happen in the kitchen or the
bathroom; wouldn’t our common houses be safer without kitchens and bathrooms?

The problem with phobias is that they are immune to reasoning.

Thanks,
RPD