Re: co-op house within cohousing community
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:43:14 -0700 (PDT)
Beverly,

I would love to hear more about how the quad has worked out. It seemed like a
great way to include people that can’t afford to buy into a whole unit in a
community, further diversifying our communities economically, and potentially
with younger people or others not ready to purchase.   As I understand it, it
was a group of cohousing residents and supporters that invested in the “quad”
and then rent out the suites.

What were the issues that made you describe it as “mostly been a disconnected
transient
    annoyance for the community” ?

Do you have thoughts on what would make it work better?

Recommendations for other communities?

Do you think other residents in Yarrow EV feel the same way?

We need the feedback to go from theory on what works to what is really working
out there, so much appreciate hearing more on this.

Thanks,

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755

www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 7/18/17, 3:17 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Beverly Jones Redekop"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of beverly.jones.redekop [at] gmail.com> wrote:

    Groundswell Cohousing at Yarrow Ecovillage has one unit (out of 33) that is
    known as "the quad" because it has four separate bedroom/living
    room/bathroom suites plus a shared kitchen and living room. The four owners
    (only one lives there) share it through a co-op called Heartspring.

    It is seven years old, and it has mostly been a disconnected transient
    annoyance for the community, but it seems to have come into its own this
    summer with involved people who care about participating in the community.
    Who knows? Maybe it can work.

    On Tue, Jul 18, 2017, 1:20 PM John Carver <jcarver [at] islandnet.com>