Dining Room Tables
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
We’ve opened the discussion of dining room tables again. The ones we have weigh
over 100 lbs and have a leg at the end that make it awkward to sit at the end.

We had this discussion years ago including making plans for the perfect
cohousing table. Personally, I think the best tables so far are the regular
banquet tables motels use. Easily available and have been used forever. Seat a
variable number of people and you can still talk across them, usually.

And they roll.

We need sturdy tables that are light enough to fold and put away easily. We’ve
looked at these from Armstrong Aluminum but are fearful of the metallic feel.
They are light (25 lbs), very nicely designed, and you can choose models with
seats at the ends.

From an earlier message to Cohousing-L

SOUTHER ALUMINUM TABLE INFORMATION:

Has anyone used Southern Aluminum folding tables in their commonhouse? We saw
these at a community center and they were quite handsome. Not wood, but light
and sturdy. We have wonderful tables but it takes two people to fold them up
and moving 10 is a real chore.

http://www.southernaluminum.com

Table Specifications for the Alulite, medium cost and options.

http://www.southernaluminum.com/alulite_tables/specifications.html

The iDesign has endless color variations for the tops and more colors for the
legs. They would look more upscale. The Alulite still looks like a banquet
table. The iDesign also has more edge designs which are nice. For the iDesign
colors click on the color samples to change the color on the table image.

http://www.southernaluminum.com//idesign/dyot.html

Table tops on the iDesign are from WilsonArt. Roll over each color to see a
larger square:

http://samples.wilsonart.com/c-71-color-groups.aspx

Options on the tables include a sound damp:

http://www.southernaluminum.com/alulite_tables/sound_damp.html

For a sample card table here is a comparison -- the cost is the price
for ONE table  -- they do offer quantity discounts:

The Mardi Gras line is the least expensive but has a table top only 1" thick
which looks cheaper.

Weight  21lbs
Warranty  5-10 years
Color tops:  3
Edging: flat only
Legs: Mineral Bronze
Cost:  $220.00

ALulite

Weight:  29 lbs
Warranty: 15 years
Color tops: 6
Edging: flat only
Leg color: Mineral Bronze
Cost: $245.00

iDesign

Weight 33lbs
Warranty:  lifetime
Colors: GOBS!!    The colors are on the Wilsonart.com website.  Colors
displayed are just a few suggested colors.
Edging: flat or rounded
Cost: $344.00
Leg color: 12 colors

Shipping for 1 table from Arkansas to DC is about $100.00.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC