Re: co-op house within cohousing community
From: Beverly Jones Redekop (beverly.jones.redekopgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 14:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
The quad co-op manages its own conflicts -- sometimes it spills over into
community decisions, such as the levy.

I think communities should definitely consider small affordable units, but
I think it's best to make these individual units (vs. a block) and to
really think through how these bachelor apartments could be more in the
community vs. less in the community.

This diverse group seems to be working well, so maybe it just needed seven
years to work out the kinks...!

We have loads of single people in the smallest individual units (2
bedroom/1000 s.f.), and people seem to socialize as individuals whether
they are couples or not, but my perspective is that of a 40-something
married mother of three, so perhaps widowed or single neighbours would view
it differently.