Foam Concrete
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 04:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
Has anyone heard of foam concrete? It’s light enough to float,  waterproof, and
can be sawed and cut like wood.

AirCrete has some beautiful examples and sells all the stuff for making blocks
which are made onsite. The equipment seems to cost ~$1,000. (I say “seems”
because one never knows what one needs until you get into it.)

AirCrete —beautiful dome houses, equipment, video on the making blocks and
building process.
http://www.domegaia.com

General Information
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foam_concrete

Technical information. Pictures of more conventional buildings:
http://www.litebuilt.com/index.html

I have not a clue how to interpret the technical data so I hope someone else
can. I would think if zoning allows concrete block houses it would allow foam
concrete?

From Wikipedia:

        • Weight reduction of superstructure due to lesser load.
        • Earthquake-resistant. Suitable for buildings in hurricane, cyclone
and flood areas.
        • Reduced cost of raw materials.
        • Cost reduction for transportation and storage.
        • Faster construction using cast-in-situ application
        • Improved thermal insulation.
        • Improved fire protection.
        • Easy to use/ produce/ handle
        • Low investment: Just one simple machine required.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC