Re: Annual community process/facilitation budget?
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (jerrycohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 04:11:59 -0700 (PDT)
We have our own in-house people who teach and share communication skills
like compassionate communication (NVC) and Byron Katie's The Work. And we
also have in-house members who teach facilitation and governance
(sociocracy).  Some of that teaching/sharing happens in our monthly whole
community meetings and some of it happens outside of meetings. We also have
a modest line item in our annual budget that can be used to bring trainers
in or send our folks out. To me continually moving towards a higher level
of communication and governance skills is key to living in an enjoyable
community.

​
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez  413-549-1747
Founding Resident, Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community
<http://cohousing.com/>
Co-Founder
, The Sociocracy Consulting Group <http://sociocracyconsulting.com/>,
Sociocracy
For All <http://sociocracyforall.org/>, and New England NVC
<http://newenglandnvc.org/>

*Sociocracy/Dynamic Governance in Cohousing See 3-minute video here
<https://youtu.be/7DAl1f1HFfM>.*