Visiting Southern nevada (SNV)
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:51:26 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon Villines wrote:

> Geographically, Southern Nevada is partly, and in some cases, fully within
> the Mojave Desert. The population of the region, as measured by the 2000 U.S.
> Census, is 1,432,004, though the Las Vegas Valley has now increased to over
> 2,000,000 itself.

Using the state?s total demographic statistics that?s 2-millon people in about
50,000 square miles. 40 people in a square mile. My calculations. Maybe totally
off.

Thanks, Sharon, and all other Nevadan wannabes, that's kind of good information
for a physical geographer, I guess, but for the typical 21st century traveling
public, their interest might be more in 'How do I get there in time distance
from anywhere else that I might actually know about, like LA, NO, SA, or SLC?
by road, train, bus or air?

Or from a political perspective, What's the local government? Jurisdictional
economic factors and population distribution? Any higher education? Theaters?
Where? How far in time distance?

Probably very few of us actually care how many one-armed bandit machines exist
locally, unless they pay for all the costs of government. But what about real
jobs other than serving tables, making beds and cleaning restrooms? Any other
real jobs outside the hospitality, entertainment and government industries?

Cheers,

TOM