Re: Cooperatives
From: Lynne Markell (lmarkellrogers.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 13:37:28 -0700 (PDT)
I agree with making sure that local lenders understand _equity housing co-ops_. In Canada, credit unions are the best source for mortgages for individual members and the co-op itself.

In Ottawa we have made arrangements with Desjardins, a Quebec-based credit union, to provide mortgages/loans to individuals to buy their share. In Toronto, there are several credit unions that are known to the equity co-ops and the real estate industry.

Also important that there are lawyers who understand co-ops as well, for the incorporation, contracts, and purchase agreements.

Lynne