Re: Cooperatives
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 14:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 2, 2017, at 4:37 PM, Lynne Markell <lmarkell [at] rogers.com> wrote:
>

> I agree with making sure that local lenders understand _equity housing
> co-ops_. In Canada, credit unions are the best source for mortgages for
> individual members and the co-op itself.

Canada has particularly favorable legislation for common interest organizations
doesn’t it? I don’t remember all the details but it’s been discussed on the
sociocracy [at] groups.io list. Someone was setting up a campsite as a
cooperatively owned venture. The potential problems I raised about getting
financing, for example, were not a problem in Canada.

There were also more liberal provisions for advertising — that only coops,
commonly owned businesses, could advertise along the highway?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC