Re: four-unit housing
From: Virgil Huston (virgil.huston1955gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
I think a lot of people would put this in the commune category.
Cohousing seems characterized more by owning your own home, including
kitchen, etc. From following this list for a long time and reading
about it, cohousing often seems to me more like a country club type of
socializing with similar prices. You can opt out of socializing
completely and there are all kinds of posts about not being able to
get people to do community work and the like. Not criticizing, but it
just doesn't sound like something I would be interested in. My ideal
would be a commune where every person/family had their own space to
retreat to. And cohousing is expensive. I often look at the homes for
sale links and have a heart attack every time. Seems pretty risky.
There are intentional communities out there that follow more of a
traditional commune plan.