Re: Shared survey: what does your community use?
From: Sean Davey (seansonoracohousing.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 12:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Corey,

thanks for the survey, it's interesting to see what others are using.
Personally, I would like to hear more about what people like and don't like
about the software they are currently using.

I just wanted to respond that communities not wanting to pay for software isn't
tough for me personally. It's also not representative of the communities I work
with. Pretty much all of them have either assumed they would need to pay for
Mosaic or have generously offered to pay, although I always decline. One of the
great things about living in a community is that there are opportunities to
provide work and service to your neighbors. I'm grateful that technology makes
it easy for me to offer my software to others outside my community. I've met
many wonderful people electronically and am very glad that they seem to find
something that I've built to be useful. There isn't much cost to hosting
websites, time is the main issue. I wish I had more time than I do to work on
Mosaic. I have way more ideas than time :-)

As for the name, I've been wanting to changing it from the very beginning. I'd
be very happy to hear suggestions for a better name. My favorite one that I've
received so far is Contigo so I may end up switching to that at some point.

As with everything in community, there is a large spectrum of needs and
preferences when it comes to online tools. I very much enjoy working with the
communities that I host sites for when they ask me for changes or new features
that make the sites work better for them. A lot of the work I've done over the
last couple of years is to make Mosaic more modular and more customizable by
the communities. Currently I'm very excited to be working on making Mosaic work
with different languages as there is an interested community that speaks French.

Anyway, I always appreciate hearing more about how communities use technology.
If anyone has ideas for online functionality that doesn't seem to exist yet,
I'd love to hear from you.

Sean