Farm-based rural community
From: Emily Gilquist (emilygilquistgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 09:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all!
I am a 20-something in the *very early* stages of planning a cohousing
community in Montana. My partner and I are organic veggie & flower farmers and
hope to run our business on the land we live on.

My questions are:
-how might rural zoning regulations differ from those found in/near cities?
Will they be a help or a hindrance?

-what challenges come from select members running a business on the property?
Specifically a business that is more or less the foundation of the community.
How do we make it egalitarian while still making a profit?

-how to disentangle the community's finances/legal structure/etc from that of
the farm's?

I know these are big and far-ranging topics - any help directing me towards
people or organizations who may be of assistance would be appreciated too :)
Thanks a bunch!!!