Re: Farm-based rural community
From: Paul Harrington (pharringtonsouthhenry.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 08:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
As a state, Montana does not have planning or zoning regulations. It will
depend on your county or possibly the city your are in. What county are you in?

 It may be more of a challenge to create condominiums if that is the ownership
model you chose. You should ask at the county assessor office about that.

The nice thing about cohousing is you get to make up the rules with the
community. Your business venture will hopefully be something that brings you
together. I would imagine if you had a successful organic farm, people would be
drawn to live near you.

A co-op may be more problematic unless you can figure out a clean way to
separate the farm from the cohousing.

Pa