Re: Cohousing's Diversity Problem - CityLab
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 06:05:26 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 12, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> At Takoma Village in Washington DC we could easily become a community of
> OWLs:  Old White - haired Ladies.

But we don’t consider OWLs to be diverse. “They” are all alike.

I’m being the devil’s advocate here, not being negative or arguing. With baby
boomer bump, OWLs are or will be the fastest growing demographic as the
population ages and men are still dying younger. Divorced men marry younger
women. Often much younger. Newly weds, even old newly weds, tend to want to be
only with each other and are not likely to go looking for group living.

I’m not arguing or being negative, I’m just trying to keep us from beating
ourselves up for being human.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines