Re: HOA fees
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
Maraiah here-- part of RoseWind Cohousing Port Townsend WA for 28 years,
followed other communities that long too.

It's really hard to compare assessments across communities, as what is covered
varies enormously. My community has relatively low assessments-- about $100 a
month per household -- but we have no expenses for snow or leaf removal, no
communal property taxes (all paid individually), no community responsibility
for maintenance of individual homes. We fund reserves, liability insurance,
landscape maintenance equipment, utilities for the common house (no air
conditioning cost, less heating cost than northeastern groups, for example),
and various committee expenses.

To get any useful information, I think you'll have to be much more specific in
your questions. What specific expenses, for how many properties, in what
climate, etc. There are so many variables!