Metal roofing versus shingles
From: Rod Lambert (rodecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 05:49:52 -0700 (PDT)
I have designed a few neighborhoods and a lot of new homes now and always
specify standard ribbed metal roofs (occasionally 'standing rib'). They
last longer and can be recycled as opposed to being dumped in landfill. The
system I use is actually cheaper then "shingle" roofs even without
factoring in the longer lifetimes.

Rod Lambert
EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY.