Pie Party
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:37:40 -0700 (PDT)
We had a fun event yesterday. In place of a regular potluck, we had a Pie
Party. On a sign up list, people listed either a savory or sweet pie they'd
bring. We ended up with a big serving table full of beautiful savory pies--
creations of tomatoes, leeks, Mexican, cheeses, salmon, quiche, and so  many
others.

Several folks took charge of making salads, and getting lemonade and juices.

Dessert time brought more variety: regular and gluten-free crusts, fruits, ice
cream pie, "whoopie" pies...

It was all delicious and a good break from the Usual. We followed up with a
brief talent/no talent show, ranging from serious music and poetry to our 5
year old putting the neighbor's dog through its trick routine, and a couple of
young boys enthusiastically demonstrating jiujitsu wrestling. We hadn't done a
talent show in some time and enjoyed that too.

Any other ideas for theme meals or other simple additions to the variety of
community social life?

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing
Port Townsend WA