Re: Pie Party
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 11:41:52 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 5, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
> wrote:
>
> We had a fun event yesterday. In place of a regular potluck, we had a Pie
> Party. On a sign up list, people listed either a savory or sweet pie they'd
> bring. We ended up with a big serving table full of beautiful savory pies--
> creations of tomatoes, leeks, Mexican, cheeses, salmon, quiche, and so  many
> others.

We have Pi day on Pi day.

I find the special ingredients to the most interesting potlucks. One year a
stray squash plant produced something like 15 huge butternut squash. People
took one and made things of it. The whole meal was squash and you would never
have know it. Soups, casseroles, baked things, pies, etd. It was amazing.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC