Re: Metal roofing versus shingles
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 15:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 5, 2017, at 6:10 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
> wrote:
>
> About six years ago I asked during our reserve study walk around about
> replacing our roof with metal. We have some sort of decorative metal now. It
> is more expensive but with care should last “forever”.

I meant metal roofs in a few places for decorative purposes.

What I was thinking about was replacing the roof one surface at a time. We have
south facing and north facing roofs that would deteriorate at different speeds.
But the people I talked to were horrified at the idea of two-toned roof for
even a year.

When we installed the solar panels last year, we replaced the whole roof with
50 year shingles so we wouldn’t have to remove the panels to replace the roof
shingles in a few years.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines