Re: Metal roofing versus shingles
From: Bob Morrison (rhmorrisonaol.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 20:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
  If I had a metal roof that doesn't have ridges spaced to accommodate solar
panels, I would be worried about what would happen if I wanted to have solar
panels installed. Because metal roofs on homes are rare, I would be worried
that the installers might not have had experience installing solar panels on
them.
  PS: We are doing a solar "quadruple play": Solar panels being installed on
four homes by the same vendor at almost the same time.

Bob Morrison
Mosaic Commons Cohousing
Berlin MA