Re: Accessibility of Community Records
From: Alicia George (ajgeorgeearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
To elaborate on Sharon's comments about Association Voice (AV), one of the
disappointments our Website Pod found was AV's calendar system, which was
insufficient for our needs. We've found CalndarWiz to be affordable, flexible,
and with excellent tech support (although hardly needed). So we've created
numerous calendars (Common House Reservations, Guest Room Reservations, Parking
Space Reservations, Resident Birthdays, Resident Travel) and embedded them in
the AV web pages using i-frames. So all the calendars are on our website, but
folks do have to log in to the website and the calendar separately. To simplify
things, we've encouraged folks to use the same password for both, but not
everyone has.

I don't think we ever envisioned using AV for our email needs. Yahoo! Groups
has served us well and has an archive of our messages over the past two decades.

AV does provide a very convenient and well-organized "filing system" for our
documents. They are stored in folders and subfolders that we create, much like
most people's computer desktop. The documents can be stored in PDF, Word, or
HTML format, and we've found we can link to Google docs and sheets by embedding
the link in an HTML file.

Alicia George
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, D.C.