Re: Bike Storage
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 05:07:39 -0700 (PDT)
John Clise jmc [at] olympus.net wrote:

>We (Quimper Village, Port Townsend, WA) will be moving into our new
>homes over the next 60 days. We would appreciate information from
>others on how they have handled "providing bike storage" space...

Like many cohousing topics bike storage has been discussed on
cohousing-L a number of times over the years. See the archives at
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/
and use the search bos in the upper right corner.
searching for
Bike Storage
gets 151 hits (tho some of those are probably tangentially related)

One those hits for expample here is my 2005 post
Re: Bike locker designs
http://lists.cohousing.org/pipermail/cohousing-l/msg22432.html

2 updates to that post:
The LRT trains now have much narrower vertical bike storage spaces
(maybe 15" - to the point that my recumbent bike would not fit without
special adaptation, which I may come up with).

The image of the Jernstoberiet bicycle room in Denmark is now at:
http://l.cohousing.org/dk99/tourpix/JE_bikerm.jpg

Fred

--
Bassett Creek Cohousing, Minneapolis  http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk/