Re: barking dogs
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 08:20:53 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 20, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Alan O'Hashi via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:
>
> noise is intrinsic. a community - cohousing or otherwise - can either allow
> dogs or have no noise, but not both. as a pet owner, i sympathize with those
> who get bugged by dog noise, but it's a give and take. i imagine dogs barking
> and pooping are reasons why they are disallowed in many communities or a high
> fee charged to have them.

Actually, we don’t have a problem with barking dogs and we have at least four
in a small space. When someone gets a new dog, they will warn people that it
might bark at first — they are normally rescue dogs.

A neighbor with two dogs moved in next to me. They barked for 2-3 weeks when I
passed the door but not after that.

Noise is not a given, nor are barking dogs.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC