Re: a slush fund for temporary financial relief
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
Good point about maintenance. You would want to have everyone in the same
twice-a-year service contract and have the provider report user issues, such as
really dirty filters.
[everyone else stop reading now] TVC has an individual loop for each unit, so
each unit owner has more responsibility. EVC has one giant loop that serves the
entire building. Pressure in the loop is centrally monitored and water is
automatically added as needed. An alarm is triggered if excess water is being
lost. The only possible user intervention is changing the filter. So there are
fewer variables.
Interesting idea about making the heat pumps common property. I wonder what
Stan would say. I think I like the idea.
Katie