Re: Including disabled people in cohousing, especially forming communities
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 06:22:32 -0700 (PDT)
Joan – – I also am living with advanced MS. I live at takoma village Cohousing
in Washington DC.  We are about 70% accessible to people in wheelchairs.
Hopefully when I get two minutes together I will share more of my thinking of
diversity and disability in Cohousing.

But what I really wanted to do right now is the point you and others who are
looking for Cohousing to the Cohousing.org website.There is a wonderful
directory there and It can show you what Cohousing is in your area.

Cohousing.org/directory

Like to refrain and Alice’s restaurant… You can find almost anything you want
About Cohousing on the Cohousing.org website. So use it and support it!

My one strong strong strong suggestion is if you have a disability don’t wait
for group to start a community for you. Start a cohousing group or join a
cohousing community early on so you will have direct influence on shaping the
social and physical vessel of your community.

I’m late! I’m late! For very important date! More later after I find the white
rabbit…

I’m so late…

 Ann Zabaldo
Takomavillage Cohousing