Re: Ground Source Heat Pumps
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 05:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
On 10/23/2017 9:54 PM, Trudy Macdonald wrote:
Hi Friends,

I am a member of Bay State Commons a Community in the process of designing and
building our site in Malden. MA.  We are considering using Ground Source Heat
Pump to heat and cool our building.  Has anyone built with a GSHP in the past
few years?  If so can you share your experience.

We looked into it and were persuaded that the improvements in air-source heat pumps make them far and away a better choice than ground-source heat pumps, both in terms of initial cost and maintenance cost, with an insignificant difference in operating cost.