Re: Ground Source Heat Pumps
From: John Beutler (jabeutlercomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 06:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Trudy:

John Beutler from Liberty Village here. We had ground source installed quite a
while ago in each unit and have been very happy with performance overall.
However, for reasons that are not entirely clear to me, the cost of comparable
systems has roughly doubled in 17 years. Regular heat pumps have improved
markedly in efficiency and quietness in that time. Photovoltaics have dropped
hugely in price. On the other side, an Alphabet company, Dandelion launched
recently with the goal of reducing the cost of ground source installations, but
so far they are only operating in the Hudson Valley of NY.

Cheers

JAB

Sent from my tricorder