Re: Including disabled people in cohousing, especially forming communities
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 05:31:57 -0700 (PDT)
Here here! This friend speaks my mind.

If you have a disability join a forming Group or form one yourself. Get
involved early.

While we can hope — even expect — and look forward to the ‘temporarily
able-bodied’ to be sensitive and supportive of people with challenges we can’t
expect them to know what our needs are and what will support us.  One of our
roles is to show how supporting people with challenges supports everyone
because as I wrote before: everyone is “temporarily able-bodied.”  You are
always one accident away from a permanent seat.  Or, one more birthday away
from needing assistance.  I hope it’s the latter for you.

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington DC

Sent from my iPhone