Re: Including disabled people in cohousing, especially forming communities
From: Linda Hobbet (lindahobbeton.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
On 10/25/2017 7:42 AM, Catya Belfer wrote:
My best advice: get involved.  be about how you can contribute TO the
community, not what you can get or what you need FROM it.   Be the one to
research ramps or zero VOC products or to ask for facilitation training or
more manageable meetings / delegation to teams / etc.  Especially in the
forming stage, you can do much of the work regardless of physical ability.
Absolutely. Though our intention at Village Hearth Cohousing has always been to have accessibility and aging in place built into our design, having members with chemical sensitivities and mobility issues has made us more aware at every step along the way.

Linda H