Re: hoa dues based on per capita basis? square footage?
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 19:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Alan,

Jamaica Plain Cohousing assesses our households (via the annual condominium budget adopted by the plenary) based on the percentage interest in the master deed (these percentages were determined during development and while they tend to collerate with our square footage, other aspects such as unit building story, orientation to sunlight and/or noise, whether they are deeded affordable units, etc., also come to bear). Our heat (natural gas), electricity, and water and sewer are each measured on a single meter and billed to the HOA as a whole, making the apportionment of utility expenses to each individual household (and to the common areas) very straightforward.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing (Boston MA area)