Please flatten your recyclables (and trash)
From: Ken Winter (kensunward.org)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 17:16:01 -0800 (PST)
Season's Greetings! ~

'Tis the season to generate a lot of solid waste.  Here's something we each
can do to help.

Flatten all those Amazon shipping cartons, plastic bottles, and other lumpy
recyclables and refuse destined for the landfill as much as you can.  This
will save energy and money at every link in the waste-chain: Your household
recycling bin won't have to be lugged out to the roll-off so often.
Community roll-offs won't have to be hauled away so often.  And the
recyclers and landfill folks can process our cast-offs more efficiently.

~ And Happy New Year!
~ Ken