Re: Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 07:38:54 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 8, 2018, at 4:12 PM, thistle offers via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
cohousing.org> wrote:

> We are a cohousing group in Cleveland, OH area, preparing to purchase land
> for our community.  It seems that a qualified development consultant would be
> of great help in the entire process since this is the first time through for
> everyone in our group.
> Can anyone recommend great consultants to talk with?

I recommend Chris Scott-Hanson for this. He specializes in the upfront
development work, including finding land.

> Chris is a respected leader in cohousing development in North America and
> author of The Cohousing Handbook: Building a Place for Community. A
> development consultant since 1981, Chris has a broad range of experience in
> all aspects of multifamily housing, from land acquisition through
> construction. Chris has evaluated over 2,000 properties and assisted more
> than 35 cohousing groups across North America with all aspects of the
> cohousing development process. Chris prefers front end project planning and
> land acquisition, as well as finding and developing the business
> relationships with local project professionals, including developers,
> contractors, architects, engineers and lawyers.

He also lives in cohousing and developed the first cohousing community in 1981.
(There is an argument about which one was first but he was at least one of the
first two.) he works all over the place, including Canada.

http://www.urbancohousingassociates.com

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines