Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant
From: Jack & Carolyn Salmon (2salmonearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:13:30 -0800 (PST)
Congratulations on a good start,

Townsend Meadows Cooperative, the development entity for Quimper Village in 
Port Townsend, contracted with   Katie McCamant of Cohousing Solutions for 
development consulting.  She worked with us on organization, land acquisition, 
budget development, contractor selection and construction loan acquisition.  
She provided advice to TMC as we moved through development and construction.  
We are very pleased with Katie’s services for us.  She understands group 
dynamics and working in a sociociocratic organization structure which made it 
much easier to 

Quimper Village was conceived, developed and constructed in 3 1/2 years.  Katie 
was super in keeping us focused and ready for the next step.

Carolyn Salmon
Quimper Village Senior Cohousing
360-379-9392

> On Jan 10, 2018, at 3:16 AM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org wrote:
> 
> Send Cohousing-L mailing list submissions to
>       cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>       https://lists.cohousing.org/mailman/listinfo/cohousing-l
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>       cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>       cohousing-l-owner [at] cohousing.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Cohousing-L digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant (thistle offers)
>   2. Re: From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing (Chris Poch)
>   3. Re: From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing
>      (Jerry Koch-Gonzalez)
>   4. Re: Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant (Alice Alexander)
>   5. Re: Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant (Sharon Villines)
>   6. Re: From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing (Sharon Villines)
>   7. Re: From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing (Ann Zabaldo)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 21:12:25 +0000 (UTC)
> From: thistle offers <thistleoffers [at] yahoo.com>
> To: "cohousing-L [at] cohousing.org" <cohousing-L [at] cohousing.org>
> Subject: [C-L]_ Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant
> Message-ID: <398086426.2833604.1515445945093 [at] mail.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> 
> Greetings,
> We are a cohousing group in Cleveland, OH area, preparing to purchase land 
> for our community.? It seems that a qualified development consultant would be 
> of great help in the entire process since this is the first time through for 
> everyone in our group.
> Can anyone recommend great consultants to talk with?
> 
> Thank you & Happy New Year!
> 
> Richard FerrisThistleOffers [at] yahoo.com
> 216.471.8938
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 14:09:09 +0000
> From: Chris Poch <chris [at] chrispoch.com>
> To: cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing
> Message-ID:
>       <CAFG=AfTKifm_uB6v9rf-e_8t9R2QT1w=K33=1xVn7vLRs4+GwA [at] 
> mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> 
> While I haven't specifically used it for cohousing, I've had good success
> with Google Hangouts for video conferencing and screen sharing. It's not
> quite as advanced as something like WebEx, but it works well enough that I
> use it a fair amount for communicating with TAs and students in the online
> graduate program where I am an adjunct. If you're using a free Google
> account, you can have up to 10 participants. The limit is a little higher
> if any of them have a paid (like Google for Business) account - I believe
> it's 12 or 15 people. I have a paid account and mine is $50 USD per year.
> 
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 12:58 AM David Mencher <menchers [at] gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Fellow Cohousers,
>> 
>> We are Cohousing Israel, a Senior Cohousing community in the making in
>> Israel, four years into the game and hoping to be able to move in within 3
>> years.  I am writing to ask about communications tool which work for
>> cohousing communities in the formative stage.  Mostly, we need an
>> alternative to face-to-face committee meetings, since we are scattered
>> around the country.
>> 
>> Does Skype Business work?  Zoom?  Another preferred video conferencing
>> package?  We would like to be able to have 6-8 people with host
>> capabilities without having to purchase individual licenses for each of
>> them (too costly for us at this stage).
>> 
>> Thanks for sharing your experiences.
>> David Mencher
>> CoHousing Israel (CHI)
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> David Mencher
>> 08-9266104
>> https://www.facebook.com/GypsySwingIsrael?ref=stream
>> _________________________________________________________________
>> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
>> http://l.cohousing.org/info
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 09:52:18 -0500
> From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez <jerry [at] cohousing.com>
> To: cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing
> Message-ID:
>       <CACdsaKC2t62zhJiZoUT6PU_PKsV8a3NdEFAmCQ=Xbyu09nvv9g [at] 
> mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> 
> pretty much everyone I know uses Zoom. I use it for the global
> sociocracyforall.org network. Get one paid account and you should be all
> set. You can record, you can do breakout rooms, etc. Skype and Hangouts
> have in my history been more problem-prone.
> Jerry, Pioneer Valley Cohousing
> 
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Chris Poch <chris [at] chrispoch.com> wrote:
> 
>> While I haven't specifically used it for cohousing, I've had good success
>> with Google Hangouts for video conferencing and screen sharing. It's not
>> quite as advanced as something like WebEx, but it works well enough that I
>> use it a fair amount for communicating with TAs and students in the online
>> graduate program where I am an adjunct. If you're using a free Google
>> account, you can have up to 10 participants. The limit is a little higher
>> if any of them have a paid (like Google for Business) account - I believe
>> it's 12 or 15 people. I have a paid account and mine is $50 USD per year.
>> 
>> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 12:58 AM David Mencher <menchers [at] gmail.com> 
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Fellow Cohousers,
>>> 
>>> We are Cohousing Israel, a Senior Cohousing community in the making in
>>> Israel, four years into the game and hoping to be able to move in within
>> 3
>>> years.  I am writing to ask about communications tool which work for
>>> cohousing communities in the formative stage.  Mostly, we need an
>>> alternative to face-to-face committee meetings, since we are scattered
>>> around the country.
>>> 
>>> Does Skype Business work?  Zoom?  Another preferred video conferencing
>>> package?  We would like to be able to have 6-8 people with host
>>> capabilities without having to purchase individual licenses for each of
>>> them (too costly for us at this stage).
>>> 
>>> Thanks for sharing your experiences.
>>> David Mencher
>>> CoHousing Israel (CHI)
>>> 
>>> --
>>> 
>>> David Mencher
>>> 08-9266104
>>> https://www.facebook.com/GypsySwingIsrael?ref=stream
>>> _________________________________________________________________
>>> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
>>> http://l.cohousing.org/info
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> _________________________________________________________________
>> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
>> http://l.cohousing.org/info
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:31:26 -0500
> From: Alice Alexander <aliceanne4 [at] gmail.com>
> To: thistle offers <thistleoffers [at] yahoo.com>, Cohousing-l
>       <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant
> Message-ID:
>       <CAGcCPB0vOBrn4zJ1bpZyTw78fTwnDkTxs5bMhCkbEzN=18+CPQ [at] 
> mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> 
> How wonderful to hear that Cleveland has a cohousing in formation, yeah!
> Richard and others, I encourage folks to check out these cohousing
> professionals <http://www.cohousing.org/professionals> promoted on
> www.cohousing.org. These are experienced, successful professionals who are
> supporting Coho/US, which serves as a resource for all of us. Consider
> those listed as "development consultants," but also consider those listed
> as "architects," all of whom have experience in community and building
> development, and group process.
> Alice Alexander
> Durham Central Park Cohousing
> 
> 
> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 4:12 PM, thistle offers via Cohousing-L <
> cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org> wrote:
> 
>> Greetings,
>> We are a cohousing group in Cleveland, OH area, preparing to purchase land
>> for our community.  It seems that a qualified development consultant would
>> be of great help in the entire process since this is the first time through
>> for everyone in our group.
>> Can anyone recommend great consultants to talk with?
>> 
>> Thank you & Happy New Year!
>> 
>> Richard FerrisThistleOffers [at] yahoo.com
>> 216.471.8938
>> _________________________________________________________________
>> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
>> http://l.cohousing.org/info
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Alice Alexander
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:37:27 -0500
> From: Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
> To: thistle offers <thistleoffers [at] yahoo.com>,
>       cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Seeking Cohousing Development Consultant
> Message-ID: <877DAF73-8742-4B91-9B57-E563777A6CEA [at] sharonvillines.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;     charset=us-ascii
> 
> On Jan 8, 2018, at 4:12 PM, thistle offers via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at] 
> cohousing.org> wrote:
>> 
>> We are a cohousing group in Cleveland, OH area, preparing to purchase land 
>> for our community.  It seems that a qualified development consultant would 
>> be of great help in the entire process since this is the first time through 
>> for everyone in our group.
>> Can anyone recommend great consultants to talk with?
> 
> I recommend Chris Scott-Hanson for this. He specializes in the upfront 
> development work, including finding land. 
> 
>> Chris is a respected leader in cohousing development in North America and 
>> author of The Cohousing Handbook: Building a Place for Community. A 
>> development consultant since 1981, Chris has a broad range of experience in 
>> all aspects of multifamily housing, from land acquisition through 
>> construction. Chris has evaluated over 2,000 properties and assisted more 
>> than 35 cohousing groups across North America with all aspects of the 
>> cohousing development process. Chris prefers front end project planning and 
>> land acquisition, as well as finding and developing the business 
>> relationships with local project professionals, including developers, 
>> contractors, architects, engineers and lawyers.
> 
> 
> He also lives in cohousing and developed the first cohousing community in 
> 1981. (There is an argument about which one was first but he was at least one 
> of the first two.) he works all over the place, including Canada.
> 
> http://www.urbancohousingassociates.com
> 
> Sharon
> ----
> Sharon Villines
> Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
> http://www.takomavillage.org
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 10:45:46 -0500
> From: Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
> To: thistle offers via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing
> Message-ID: <7250811A-E3E8-4008-B806-D9694D9579C4 [at] sharonvillines.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;     charset=utf-8
> 
>> On Jan 9, 2018, at 12:58 AM, David Mencher <menchers [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Mostly, we need an alternative to face-to-face committee meetings, since we 
>> are scattered
>> around the country.
> 
> Zoom is wonderful. Firstly, it works. No disconnections, etc. And is easy to 
> find and get connected. If you need more seats than are allowed in the free 
> version, perhaps some can join each other and connect from one computer.
> 
> I had a problem finding Google HangOuts. I don?t use Google services other 
> than the search engine, translate, and maps, so I never knew where to find 
> it. And for some reason it didn?t like my computer (probably security 
> software) and would sign me out every 10 minutes.
> 
> Skype doesn?t have the same image and sound quality unless it has changed 
> recently.
> 
> Sharon
> ----
> Sharon Villines
> Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
> http://www.takomavillage.org
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 11:55:26 -0500
> From: Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>
> To: cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_ From Cohousing Israel- Video Conferencing
> Message-ID: <C2AC2087-E29B-4D76-9D78-0876934DBA58 [at] earthlink.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain;     charset=utf-8
> 
> Hello David!  
> 
> Congrats on your cohousing community!  One of the cool things about cohousing 
> spreading throughout the world is the opportunity to visit.  You may find 
> yourself inundated with guests once you are up and running!
> 
> For 1.5 years we used ZOOM for the Aging in Community Collaboratory which met 
> 2x a month.  Once w/ a guest speaker and once for a meeting of the group 
> members.   One of Zoom?s features is being able to record or video tape your 
> sessions.  We did this w/ all the sessions and made the recordings available 
> on line to those in the group unable to make the session.  I?m sure this 
> feature is also available with any of the virtual meeting platforms.
> 
> There are many of these platforms available:  Gotomeetings.com is one of them 
> along w/ a separate platform they just launched.  There are many free virtual 
> meeting platforms but be aware you get what you pay for.
> 
> Let us know which one you choose and how it works for you.
> 
> Best --
> 
> Ann Zabaldo
> Takoma Village Cohousing
> Washington, DC
> Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
> Falls Church, VA
> 202.546.4654
> 
> As long as you have two or fewer ? your ducks are always in a row.  The 
> Covert Comic
> 
> 
> 
>> On Jan 9, 2018, at 12:58 AM, David Mencher <menchers [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Fellow Cohousers,
>> 
>> We are Cohousing Israel, a Senior Cohousing community in the making in
>> Israel, four years into the game and hoping to be able to move in within 3
>> years.  I am writing to ask about communications tool which work for
>> cohousing communities in the formative stage.  Mostly, we need an
>> alternative to face-to-face committee meetings, since we are scattered
>> around the country.
>> 
>> Does Skype Business work?  Zoom?  Another preferred video conferencing
>> package?  We would like to be able to have 6-8 people with host
>> capabilities without having to purchase individual licenses for each of
>> them (too costly for us at this stage).
>> 
>> Thanks for sharing your experiences.
>> David Mencher
>> CoHousing Israel (CHI)
>> 
>> -- 
>> 
>> David Mencher
>> 08-9266104
>> https://www.facebook.com/GypsySwingIsrael?ref=stream
>> _________________________________________________________________
>> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
>> http://l.cohousing.org/info
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Subject: Digest Footer
> 
> _________________________________________________________________
> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:
> http://l.cohousing.org/info
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 168, Issue 9
> *******************************************

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.