Re: Exploring meal and common space scheduling options
From: Beverly Jones Redekop (beverly.jones.redekopgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:39:18 -0800 (PST)
We don't charge either: we just provide our meal and enjoy the meals other
people provide. Homegrown carrots are "free," flour for homemade bread is
cheap, and premade salad from a bag with take-out pizza  is "expensive," so
the price of ingredients doesn't correlate all that well to the value of
the meal.

Each meal in a cycle is provided (cooked/paid) by two adults.  In addition,
the group of parents prepares one or two gratitude meals in a cycle to
recognize that some smaller households have fed some larger households. We
used to have a complicated math formula to count children, but these fun
and fancy meals meet our need for fairness just as well.