anyone doing a weekday lunch series?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:08:30 -0800 (PST)
A fellow resident and I wonder if it might work to have a weekday lunch on
a regular basis - weekly or other - as quite a few of our members are
around during the day M-F. I see this as outside of our common-dinner
system. We have Saturday morning breakfasts in Jan and Feb which are very
popular, but that's a special winter-time treat to help get us through the
cold and dark months.

If any of you folks have tried this at your community, I'd be most
interested in knowing how it was structured, what worked, what didn't. I
can imagine bring-your-own-lunch with tea and coffee made in the CH;
everyone chips in some money and someone buys lunch fixings (maybe just
occasionally); during the winter, someone volunteers to fix a large
quantity of hot soup, someone brings bread, participants pay to cover those
costs (or not).

I welcome your histories with this and also your suggestions. So far this
is just the germ of an idea on our side. Thanks!
  Muriel
  Shadowlake Vlilage