Tax implications for collecting money for community dinners
From: Susan Green (susan.mxgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:28:41 -0800 (PST)
We are a new community in Denver.   When the last two units are sold, there
will be 28 households. Up until now, we pay for each meal and the cash is
used to reimburse the cooks. The management company that handles our HOA
fees is not willing to do the Bookkeeping for our meals.
1. Do any of you know if you’re at risk for not reporting the money you
collect as taxable income?
2. If you have a way to avoid a labor intensive bookkeeping system that
won’t be risky with the IRS, please share.
Thanks much for your help.
Susan Green
Aria Cohousing

--