Re: Tax implications for collecting money for community dinners
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:43:44 -0800 (PST)
Susan — if you are reimbursing the cooks … what’s the tax implication?  If you
were making money e.g. a profit … I could see this.  But how is this different
between friends reimbursing each other?

Maybe someone can enlighten me.  I’m sure there’s something I’m not seeing.

Here at TVC we don’t collect money for meals except for a few odd times.  And
that money also goes to reimburse the cooks.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

As long as you have two or fewer … your ducks are always in a row.  The Covert
Comic